Thursday, May 12, 2011

Borders on the Brain - DigiStyle

Okay - digital borders have got my number!  I just found a really fun way to make digital borders.  It's fast and easy and will add a sensational look to your page.

Digital borders work great when you have a lot of photos on your page and you don't have a lot of room for digital paper and embellishments. 

I've created several digital embellishment borders below.


To make a digital embellishment border, pull up a blank page.  I used a 12X12.  Select the CONTENT tab in Storybook Creator Plus 3.0.  The select the Embellishment tab.  From the drop down menu, pick a digital additions pack or a digital themed kit.

Select individual embellishments and line them up vertically.  I dragged one corner and made each one substantially smaller though I didn't make them all the same size.  I used the "bigger" ones first and spaced them out somewhat evenly.  I filled in with the "smaller" or more decorative embellishments.  You may need to rotate your embellishment to get it to fit well with the ones around it.  You may also wish to use the "order" command to direct which embellishments will show up on top of others.  Play around with it until you get it the way you like.

Once it looks good to you visually, hold down the shift button and choose each embellishment in the border until they are all selected.  Then, flatten them together.  Once they are flattened, I added a 3D edge to mine.  I used the settings, amount 80, softness 0, width 10 to get the look I liked.

I left my borders in their original colors though you could change the color of your borders or add a colorwash or even turn them black and white.  The sky is the limit for embellishment borders.

In the above borders I used these Creative Memories digital packages to create my borders:
Cheerful Zoo, Cheerful Summer, Spring Digital Appreciation, Classic Celebration and Primary Fourth of July.

Give 'em a try!  Happy Digi Scrapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...